Products & Services
A full range of the printing services offered by West Ferry Printers Ltd and the equipment available is given below:
- Industrial CTP workflow via Krause Jetnet.
- PDF and Tiff Operation including PDF Convert, PDF Softproof, PDF Pre-flight, PDF Correct, PDF Impose and PDF Ink-Adjust.
- CTP XML tracking output via:
- 4 x Krause LS Jet Multiformat 350 Platesetters,
- 4 x Bluefin 650 Processors,
- 4 x Nela VCPevolution HS 800T plate trimmer/benders, feeding.
- Fuji LP-NNW Violet Plates into 2 x 32 bin plate sortation systems.
- Web based client Tiff Soft proof and page pair view and approval.
- Joloda Automated Vehicle Off-Loader feeding Eberth de-stacker.
- Reel stacking via Rocla Clamp LGV’s into 1200 Reel Main reelstore.
- Fully automated Warehouse management/reporting via Swisslog WMS.
- 2 x Schmactl Semi-Automatic Reel Preparation Lines feeding 220 prepared reel racking via Rocla Fork LGV.
- Reel Prep, transportation and racking in fully automated “lights out” reel room with positive humidification and de-humidification controls.
|Newspaper Page||365 x 578mm|
|Tabloid Page||289 x 365mm|
|Max Print Area||340 x 569mm|
|Paper Roll Width||1/1 1460mm|
|(Variable web width for future webs 1460 – 1264mm is included)|
|Performance||90,000 copies per hour|
|Web Speed||14.45 m / sec|
|Paper Weights||36 – 80 gsm|
|Line 1 (12 Towers)||2 x 96pg Tabloid Straight @ 90kcph each|
|1 x 128pg Tabloid Straight @ 90kcph, 1 x 128pg Collect @ 45kcph|
|Line 2 (10 Towers)||2 x 80pg Tabloid Straight @ 90,000 each|
|1 x 96pg Tabloid Straight @ 90kcph, 1 x 128pg Collect @ 45kcph|
|1 x 48pg Broadsheet Straight @ 90kcph, 1 x 64pg Tabloid Straight @ 90kcph|
- KBA Commander CT Double Width Double Circumference Design.
- 22 KBA Pastomat CL 50 Reelstands arranged in 2 lines of 10 and 12 (10 tower line prepared for additional 2).
- Baldwin Jetstream 1000 Web Cleaner removing any dust and loose debris prior to printing.
- 22 Compact Print Towers in lines as above with 8 print couples per tower.
- Mini-continuous gap technology
- Automatic Plate loading/un-loading (imposition driven for edition changes)
- KBA Rollertronic for automatic adjustment of the ink and damp rollers
- Water cooled ink drums
- Baldwin Inkrollclean automated ink train washing system
- Baldwin Maxima spraybars
- Fan Out regulation
- Fully automated QI register and cylinder cut-off position control systems
- Baldwin Fusion F Automatic Blanket Cylinder Washing
- 4 x KBA KF7 2:7:7 Jaw Folders. Capable of 160 page Tabloid at 90,000 copies per hour.
- Automatic remote adjustment of jaws, overlap, collect-straight production modes, and step-less adjustment of collect cylinder diameter.
- 4 x Baldwin Highliner 35.0 W Digital Dampening solution conditioning and circulation systems.
- 8 x KBA Control stations and de-centralized KBA Drivetronic Drive and Control System.
- Full diagnostic PC systems, with fully integrated KBA LMS maintenance and stores/stock control systems.
- EAE OPS2 Print Production Planning and Pre-Setting System.
- Tolerans Speedliner 2.0 Stitcher available for tabloid products.
- Hydrair Dominator Double Tank – Triple Pump (per colour) Ink Farm holding up to 90,000KG of ink.
- Heatset Ovens allowing semi-commercial production (12 Months Leadtime).
- Folders Prepared for Quarter Folder and Ribbon and/or Further Collect Cylinder stitching.
Ferag System Comprising:
|Conveyor Area||4 x UTR Forwarding Station with Check Copy Extraction to (KBA) desk, inline automated waste extraction, and 4 x Delivery Station.|
|Multistack Area||8 x Multistack Systems, Bundle Pacer, Addfelt Top-Sheet applicators, underwrappers, Smartstrap C36 L/Q Cross-Strappers.|
|Inserting Area||2 x MultiSert 2.1 75Kcph Inserting Drums, 2 x Jetstream, 8 x Jet Feeders.|
|Bundle Despatch Area||2 x 4 in 3 out 100 Bundle per minute Carousel, feeding 4 Segbert Palletising Systems, with Octopus Pallet Wrapping.|
- Full FERAG “NAVIGATOR” control and Set-up of all post press operations.
- Fully Recycled waste/spent printing plates via bin exchange.
- Printed/Press Waste Via IMPACT Air System waste conveyor, shredder and compacted with Thetford presses into Legras trailers.
- White and Brown Waste sorted and baled into mill sized bales.
- 150,000 sqft facility on 9 Acre Site (110,000 sqft currently used).
- 2 minutes to M1 J10.
- 2 minutes Luton Parkway Station.
- 9,000KVA Electrical Supply with full unit protection and changeover.
- Dual Water Supply.
- Dry Canopy for Delivery of product.
- Full Technical workshop with in-house repair and maintenance facilities.